Luctonians Sports Club is seeking a Bar & Kitchen Supervisor
to join our team
Bar & Kitchen Supervisor (Part Time)
Competitive Negotiable Rate of pay per hour + excellent benefits
Guaranteed pay for 14 hours per week all year round
Annual hours of 728 (including holiday) to be worked on a flexi-time basis where demands vary greatly from week to week, but heavily weighted to weekends, for the preparation and performance of events during the rugby season (September-April).
Possible overtime available
About the opportunity
Luctonians is a thriving multi sports community club and charity, which aims to provide all levels of sporting and recreational activity to the local area. To assist in funding the provision of sport, the club require a strong commercial arm, which includes generating revenues via events, functions and sponsorship. Luctonians are looking for an individual to work within their catering team and take on the role of Bar & Kitchen Supervisor. In this role you will assist the Bar Manager & Events Manager in coordinating the operations of the bar and kitchen at events and functions within the sports club.
The main responsibilities for the Bar & Kitchen Supervisor will be to:
- Manage a Bar or Kitchen Team during shifts, ensuring staff carry out their work to the expected standards at all times.
- Perform Bar Service duties from serving drinks and snacks, to glass collecting, cleaning and basic stock control.
- Oversee Food Service and Clear, during events and functions. Managing a team to ensure customer service levels are maintained to the highest standards, whilst food is delivered and plates cleared away promptly.
- Perform basic food preparation duties including cooking bar snacks and breakfasts.
- Adhere to effective security procedures, including the opening and closing of the venue and handling of money.
- Set up and prepare the Clubhouse, Kitchen and Bar correctly for a variety of functions and events.
- Ensure that relevant legislation (licensing laws etc.) is adhered to.
Essential Personal Qualities & Experience
- Previous catering experience of working within a busy kitchen and holds or is prepared to obtain a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Previous experience of working behind a bar or preferably managing a bar.
- Flexible to work under pressure and during unsociable hours.
- Exceptional communicator with both customers and internally with other staff.
- Self starter that is motivated to work without prompting and uses own initiative.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills with a very high attention to detail.
- Lead by setting a good example for other bar/kitchen staff with regards to punctuality, attendance, attitude, hygiene and ensure that high standards are maintained at all times.
Benefits to the Role
- A very competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through personal development
- Free DBS Check (£44) included
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Free access to Luctonians Community Gym
- Food provided during shifts of eight hours or more
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme available
- 20 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays if working full time hours
- Hugely varied and enjoyable work schedule, providing service at a large array of events including; Pre-match Hospitality Lunches, Charity Events, Seminars, Weddings, Conferences, Sports Festivals, Private Parties, Christmas Parties, Funerals, Children’s Parties and Camping Groups.
- Be an integral part of the premier Multi-Sports Club in Herefordshire.
- The Bar & Kitchen Supervisor role is a permanent, part time position.
- You will be contracted to a flexi-time, 14 hours per week agreement with time demands varying greatly from week to week, but heavily weighted to weekends, for the preparation and performance of events during the rugby season (September-April).
- There will be an opportunity to work overtime.
- Luctonians Events Manager
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £5,824.00 to £6,552.00 /year
- Kitchen and Bar: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Food Hygiene Certificate
If you are looking to join a team of passionate and driven individuals and have proven experience in any of the above areas we would like to hear from you.